YOUR PRIORITIES. REAL RESULTS
The Burrell Ellis RecordCREATING JOBS
- ONE DeKalb Works, a stimulus program targeting 4,700 jobs for DeKalb County residents.
- Championing the revitalization of the General Motors Plant to create 9,000 new jobs.
- Secured over $2 million in federal funds for job training and brownfield cleanup.
- ONE DeKalb Lives, a housing assistance program that provides incentives for teachers, police officers, and firefighters to live in and strengthen our neighborhoods. ONE DeKalb Lives placed 400 families into foreclosed homes.
- Streetscape improvements on Memorial Drive, Buford Highway, Candler Road, Tucker Main Street, Emory Village, and Snapfinger Road.
- Obtained over $175 million in federal funds for infrastructure.
- Cleaning up DeKalb County through Neighborhood Ambassadors and Cut-to-The-Curb programs.
- Created the Higher Education Advisory Council to provide support to our school system and our teachers.
- Endorsed by the Organization of DeKalb Educators and the Georgia Federation of Teachers.
- Raising scholarships for DeKalb County students.
IMPROVING QUALITY OF LIFE
- Built 8 new libraries, improved 8 parks, 2 new recreation centers, and a new YMCA.
- Constructing 3 new senior centers and 2 new police precincts in 2012.
- Launched CEO’s Community Hero Awards to promote civic engagement.
- Built first of its kind Renewable Energy Facility to convert landfill waste to cheaper natural gas for automobile fuel.